Elan bra #645

So in August I made the Elan bra in my ready to wear size. It doesn't come with a size guide so went for my ready to wear size as my starting point.

The fit was not right.
My ready to wear is 34dd I cut out a 36d. (They don't have 34dd)
The band size was/is fine, maybe a little big but nothing that would create any problems.
The underwire was perfect and fitted around my boobs no problem.
The fit issue was the excess fabric in the center of the of the cup. The rest of the cup was fine.

I whizzed it under the machine and took out a good inch from the center and tapered it to the sides.

The fit now seems to work.
Tomorrow is testing day so hopefully it will stay together and hold everything in place.

I'll adjust the pattern for next time cutting a slightly shorter band and reducing the amount of fabric in the center of the cup.
I also can't get the center front to sit flat against my chest but I'm not sure how to change that as it is an issue I frequently have with ready to wear bras.

Comments

Popular Posts