Shell top, sewing bee pattern hack

Ages ago I brought some lovely fabric with elephants on.  I planned on making a dress so I brought 3 meters.

I've since made a dress from the sew many dresses book but it only used a meter and a half. 

I have previously made the shell top but found it a little on the short side so thought I'd try again. 

I made it an inch and a half longer and decided to do it as the hack option with the button down back.

It was very quick to put together especially using bias tape for all of the edges. I really like the French seams inside too as it just leaves it tidy.

Im much happier with the length but the fit is just not quite right.  I think next time I need to do a fba so it doesn't pull across the shoulders so much. 

I only paid 2.99 a meter for the fabric so the top is a bargain make.

Comments

Popular Posts