Poundfabrics - a sewers sweet shop - the gingham

I recently discovered pound fabrics (originally Adam Ross). I thought it was an ideal opportunity to use fabrics I normality avoid and so I could sew makes I wasn't sure off guilt free.

The range isn't huge.  Polycottons, polyester, chiffon and a couple of other bits.
I don't think you could go looking for something in particular but look with an open mind and the fabric will let you know what it wants to be. 
You have to purchase a minimum of 3 meters of each chosen fabric. 
They sell out mega quickly!

So my first choice was a polycotton black and white gingham. I've had a pattern in my stash for a while.  A boxy short pussybow top. (The Bea blouse from simply sewing mag). I don't do boxy, short or pussybows but felt there was potential.


I left off the bow which meant it was a v neck - this works for me.
The sleeves didn't seem to want to fit, so I pleated them at the shoulder.
I also added an inch and a half to the length.

I'm not convinced it's a style I would wear so I probably wouldn't make it again. If I did I would add 5 inches to the length as I found it was still too short for me. It is something I can wear for work though with a vest underneath.

I am happy with my make overall though as it meant I could make something I was unsure of without spending a lot on fabric.


Comments

Popular Posts