Pound fabrics - zigzag georgette

So with fabric at £1 a meter I would have been silly to just buy one type.... right? 
I saw the bargain fabric as an opportunity to try out difficult fabrics and fabrics I don't normally consider, georgette being one.  Buying online means you can't quite tell how stiff or sheer fabric is. Because of this I avoid buying chiffon and georgette online as it can be a costly mistake.  Not this though!

The fabric has a crepe feel to it and drapes really well.  It is sheer though so for my cami top I used 2 layers on the front so I'm not flashing bra and belly button to everyone. 

I actually love this fabric. It dries very quickly so a good holiday top.  Sewing wise it feats so seams are French seams and it has a rolled hem. The crepe texture meant it wasn't too slippery to sew with.





The pattern was one I have had for ages.  Newlook 6086. I need to use a bigger armhole as the strap digs in at the front. Either that or I will just move the corner a little. I think I will also raise the height of the corners and dip tge centre front into a v-neck. This will hopefully give me better bra coverage. I didn't realise that the back was longer than the front so I'll make them the same next time too. I'll get lots of wear even though I'm not totally happy with the fit.


Comments

Popular Posts